- 1 medium size piece of bacalhau (salted cod)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 sprigs of leeks, sliced
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- Vegetable or fish stock
- 1 & 1/2 cups risotto rice
- Soak a medium size piece of cod for 2/3 days.
- Boil water and insert piece of cod for approximately 4 to 5 minutes, taking care not to overcook.
- In a pan, saute onion and garlic in the olive oil on a medium heat for approximately 4 minutes (or until the onion is translucent) and then add rice.
- Start adding the stock (vegetable or fish). After 4 minutes, add the cod (flaked).
- Add 3 cups of water and let it boil.
- Add rice, cover and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Once done, transfer it to a dish and sprinkle the sliced leeks over the dish. Mix well and serve.