Brandade de Morue
by Marian Armitage
This is a delicious dip made from salt cod and potatoes with garlic, lemon and oil whipped in. It takes just minutes to make in a food processor. Sometimes it has cheese sprinkled over and then browned under a hot grill – brandade de morue au gratin. Served with crudités it makes an interesting starter alongside hummus, tzatziki and guacamole.
- 150g salt cod – one large fillet – reconstituted
- 100g potatoes – plain boiled
- 1 lemon – grated rind and juice
- 50ml olive oil
- 1 clove garlic – crushed
- Put everything into a food processor and blend till smooth.
- Garnish with a little smoked paprika, if you like.
- Serve with crudités.